Wednesday 28 April 2010

Wednesday Morning 28th April

Hi all

Stopped at St. Bee's Sunday night, Monday morning Simon asked me to look out for Nat who is walking the coast of Britain starting at Portsmouth and finishing in December.
Sure enough as I was preparing to leave along came this man with a rucksack on his back, taking a chance I asked if he was Nat, It was so I took a photo, had a chat and he was on his way again.
Made my way towards Carlisle, made a few stops on the way reaching our campsite near Carlisle by 5.00.
Simon arrived at about 6.00 had a shower had dinner and watched a couple of episodes of The Office.
Tuesday:
Arrived in Gretna, Scotland then drove along the coast stopping at Caerlaverock Castle, decided to join Historic Scotland as there are many places to visit while I am here.
Great old ruined Castle with a moat also dog friendly so Murphy had a good run around.
Arrived at our destination about about 4.00
We were kindly loaned a Holiday Cottage for the night by Jim & Gail Holland Craigshall Cottage Shore Road, Auchencairn DG7 1QY 
www.craigshall-cottage.co.uk
Tel. 01558 640028
Well worth a stop if you are in the area.
Lovely cottage, bright and airy with wifi so I am able to do this blog fairly quickly.
Last evening Simon was asked to do a talk on his trip to a Rotary Club at Kirkcudbright.
Jim took us both as he is a member of Rotary in a neighbouring town(Simon will tell you more on his blog).
After drinks bought by one of the members we sat down to an evening meal paid for by Jim.
Various talks and presentations then Simon gave his talk which went down very well.
Back at the cottage Jim fetched a bottle of Single Malt Whiskey and we sat down for a good chat.
Among other things Jim writes Apps for the iphone so I  have downloaded a couple .
Hi to Chris Webb (hope you are keeping an eye on Clive)
Setting off now towards Stranraer.
All for now
Phil

2 comments:

  1. Just testing to see if I can send a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I make a comment? I think I'm not very good at this blog thing, but I'm trying.

    If I do get through - just to let you both know that we are thinking of you and envy all the lovely people you have met!

    Joan and Mike and all!! (Bugsy)

    ReplyDelete