Friday 2 April 2010

Good Friday 2nd April

Hi all
Better day today just a few squally showers although when I meet up with Simon he will tell me how bad it is out there, I am protected from the elements by the Camper.
My first stop was a large Norman Castle partly ruined, Murphy and I had a great time exploring, only hindered by the rain & wind.
On to St Davids stopping to take in the sites on the way passing some lovely villages and Bays.
Great site at Caerfai Bay Caravan & Tent Park St. Davids, we were given a pitch on the headland with a view over the whole bay with the compliments of the Owners (thank you very much). tel.01437 720274 if you would like a nice site with magnificent views.
Thursday evening:
We had sunshine when Simon arrived Thursday evening so While I took Murphy for a run on the beach Simon showered & changed, we then walked into St Davids (smallest city in Britain I think), lovely Cathedral also the ruins of an older Building maybe Cathedral or Church, it was closed when we got there.
Friday :
Today I have made my way to Cardigan, stopping to lunch in a lay by overlooking Fishguard (what a view) Watched the Stena Line Ferry come in then took Murphy for a walk on the coastal footpath stopping at the old fort with 4 cannons pointing out to sea.
I am now waiting for Simon to reach me before we decide were to camp for the night.
Big hello to Bob, Rose & Simon Commerford, see you in Scotland.
All for now
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment