Wednesday 7 April 2010

Wednesday 7th April 7.30 pm

Tuesday evening:
The weather cleared and after our evening meal I took Murphy for a long walk into Caernarfon, I walked to the castle, it was getting dark and all the lights around the base made it look magical.
I decided I had to see it in daylight so when Simon started his ride to Holyhead at 9.00 I walked to the Castle and spent a good 2 hours exploring all the passages, rooms, ramparts and turrets.
The highlight for me was the museum of the Welsh Fusiliers, charting their  history from the beginning to the present day.
The display was on three levels with cases of Medals, Pictures, Uniforms, Weapons and displays with atmospheric sound effects and music.
Back at the campsite I packed everything up and slowly drove across the wet grass (no problems).
Did a shop at Tesco's, refuelled and made my way to Holyhead, Anglesey, had a look around the town and waterfront.
Met Simon who still had the South Stack lighthouse to visit.
I managed to get a lovely campsite overlooking the water not far from the South Stack lighthouse called Blackthorn Farm near Holyhead.
Just watched a stunning sunset now it is time to settle down with my book before Murphy needs to go out again.
All for now
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment