Wednesday 21 April 2010

Wednesday 21st April

Hi again
Tuesday :
Left Eccleston Tuesday morning and made my way towards Southport , did a shop and refuelled at Tesco's.
Arrived at Formby and stopped at the Sefton Natural Coast which is owned by the National Trust.
There are walks through the Pine Woodland where red squirrels live although I didn't spot any, further down is the coast with very high sand dunes.
Murphy & I walked up the dunes, when we reached the top there were more & more dunes I felt I was in the Sahara.(just kidding).
We then drove closer to Southport and came across a lovely campsite, very level, lots of hardstandings, very clean with a very clean toilet & shower block & quiet with a large area for exercising dogs.
We were made very welcome at the Willowbank Holiday Park, Coastal Road, Ainsdale, Southport, PP8 3ST Tel. 01704 571566.
I can really recommend this campsite if you are in this area.
A big thank you to the management for their generous 2 days for the price of 1.
Wednesday morning:
Took Murphy for his usual walk through the woods then I caught the bus into Southport, spent about 3 hours in the town and along the Prom walking right to the end of the Pier, I don't know how long it was but there is a Tram which travels the full length.
From the end of the Pier I could see Blackpool Tower and Lytham St. Annes although they were 4 miles away.
The tide was so far out that I couldn't see the sea but the tide comes in very fast.
Back at the site now reading my book in the sun.
all for now
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment