Friday 23 April 2010

Friday evening 23rd April

Wednesday late afternoon :
Took Murphy for a walk towards Ainsdale, after just over a mile saw some high dunes with a walkway through them, thinking it would lead to the sea we altered course and headed up then down then up then down soon realizing I had gone a too far to turn back.
Finally after what seemed ages and Murphy panting for a drink we arrived at Ainsdale beside Pontin's Holiday camp.
Found a tap on the wall , gave Murphy a long drink then back to the campsite, in all two & a quarter hours walking.
In the evening I drove into Liverpool City Centre for a look around. That was Wednesday over.
Thursday :
Bypassed Southport as I went there Wednesday, went to Preston, Stopped at Lytham St. Anne's then on to Blackpool.
Blackpool was worth seeing but when I pulled in on the promenade to have a good look around I was moved on by a Warden as Motorhomes are banned from the sea front with a £35 fine.
So no Harry Ramsdens Fish & Chips from Blackpool but on reflection did I want all that food cooked in animal fat .
Onto Fleetwood + all the towns to Lancaster finally reaching our destination The Sands Public House and Campsite. We treated ourselves to an evening meal which I will not say much about otherwise you may think all we do is eat and drink. ( The Gammon Ham was the best I have tasted  in Months).
Friday :
Drove through Morcambe to Carnforth around to Ulverston then Barrow-in-Furness keeping to the coast road, amazed at how big Morcambe Bay is.
Finally reaching our destination ( get your map out or Google earth) the southern tip of The Isle of Walney, which is somewhere I had never heard of, more of this place in my next blog.
Thanks to Eddy the Steelworker at Willowbank Caravan Park.
all for now
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment