Monday 26 April 2010

Monday 26th April

First view of Scotland across the water from our campsite at Seacote Park, Beach Road, St. Bee's, Cumbria. 01946 822777
Thank you to the Owners of the site for a half price nights stay.
Stayed on the Isle of Walney Friday night until Sunday morning, did a few repairs in the camper + a good tidy up and a relaxing Saturday, plenty of walks + I did my first bike ride in years ( bit wobbly but soon got the hang of it) I think Simon struggled to keep up with me.
Could have done with a cushion on the leather seat but very enjoyable. in the evening we went to the clubhouse for a couple of drinks, in bed by 11.00.
I drove from Walney through Barrow towards St. Bee's stopping at Muncaster Castle & Gardens for a couple of hours, the Rhodedendrons ? and Azelias ? were in full bloom with masses of dafodils still in flower.
Interesting Castle and bird demonstration.
I have spent a lot of time on this trip looking for and buying stock for when I return , Secondhand/collectable shops, Antique shops, Markets & a couple of Boot sales, getting quite a collection with a lot sent home with my daughter last weekend.
On my way to Carlisle now
all for now
Phil

View from St. Bee's
View from Isle of Walney
Sand dunes at Ainsdale

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil, Simon called over the weekend, we'd love to see you at Craigshall Cottage in Auchencairn on Tue or Wed as necessary - the cottage is at your disposal with parking for the camper as well. 01556 640028 www.craigshall-cottage.co.uk - Auchencairn - DG7 1QY. Let us know your ETA! jim@craigshall.com

    ReplyDelete