Sunday 14 March 2010

What a day

Hi everyone
What a day, everything went perfectly, great crowd at the start.
Thanks to Alf Fresco's for the great send off and great breakfast.
Nice to meet Simons friends, my friends and family and the ladies who are following us.
According to Simon the ride was good, even the ferryman took them all across the river free of charge.
After I said my goodbyes I went to Plymouth Airport to pick up my son Daniel who flew down from Brighton.
We went to Halfords to buy a bike lock and discovered  a crack in the Windscreen, saw a sign for windscreen repair, was quoted £50 by terry kelsall of Glasweld but after he saw the signs on the motorhome he reduced the price to £15 for material only so a big thank you to Terry of Glasweld tel.07765 585275.

Another big thank you to Pat & Basil Cane of Venn Farm Campsite Brixton for the free camping for the night. Motorhome + 2 tents + 4 people + 1 dog. tel. 01752 880378
We are all going to have an early night ready for tomorrows adventure.
Phil

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff - great to hear you're on your way and we'll be following you closely on here. Pass on our best to Simon, give Murphy a tickle and we hope to catch up with you when you hit the South East! Sandy, Alex & Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was lovely to meet you [and Murphy!] today - actually we followed you out of Dartmouth! The van signage is fab. I have some photos, not the best [oops, that memory card], but I'll be posting them on my blog. I shall give you a shout when I do!

    Yay Terry of Glasweld!! :o) And yay Pat and Basil...isn't it wonderful how kind people are?
    x

    ReplyDelete