Tuesday 30 March 2010

Tuesday 30th March

Hi everyone
March is nearly gone so hope the weather improves.
Stayed at a Caravan Club site last night at Gowerton near Swansea, very clean & tidy, staff very friendly.
Spent most of the afternoon in the camper as it was blowing a gale, gave me time to read my book The Skeleton Room by Kate Ellis( detective novel set around Newton Abbot and the South Coast).
Simon arrived cheerful but wet.
After a shower we took a cab to a local village and had a carvery,Turkey, Beef, Gammon and Sausages in Jack Daniels + roast potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, lots of steamed veg and thick gravy.
Both felt very full after that.
Today made my way to Tenby, great shame it is still pouring as I particularly wanted to visit the town.
It is now 4.30 pm waiting for Simon at a very nice Campsite called Trefalun Park run by Viv & Jacky James who gave Murphy & me a warm welcome with no Charge for the nights stay ( Thank you very much)
If you ever want to camp in Tenby I can recommend this site.
Trefalun Park
Devonshire Drive
St. Florence
Tenby 01646 651514
There are severe weather warnings for tomorrow.
The campsite I had booked for tomorrow (Wed.) at St. Davids has canceled my booking as the site is completely waterlogged.
I will now look for another site with hardstandings.
A BIG hello to Jeannie & Reg at Voodoo, They are friends of Howards and are following our progress.
Hi to Ian & Barbara + Michel, Heather & Boys +Ron & Francis Colomb + Eddie & Jo (post office) all my immediate neighbours.
all for now
Phil

1 comment:

  1. Hope today went well for you both. Probably small consolation if Simon is soaked but the high winds and high tide forecast for Gowerton has arrived! You're probably better off in Tenby! Good luck for tomorrow!

    David and Irene (motorhome next
    to yours last night!)

    ReplyDelete