Friday 26 March 2010

Friday 26th March 4.15 pm

Hi everyone, Wednesday morning Simon left Lynton early after a good nights sleep heading for a lighthouse down a steep path then having to cycle back up.
I left Lynton about 2 hours later the hills out were extremely steep, when I got to the top of a particularly steep hill I stopped at a large car park for a cup of tea, after about half an hour I saw in the distance a lone cyclist with a yellow coat battling the elements, the only person mad enough to be out in this weather had to be Simon who was thankful for a drink and a ham sandwich before carrying on towards Minehead to get his bike repaired.
I made my way to Dunster Castle and spent a few hours there looking around the house, gardens and village which i really enjoyed ( would have liked some of those antiques from the house in my shop) .
Made my way to Watchet where I was welcomed by Ron & Kathy Jones who made available their driveway for the camper.
Straight in for a cup of tea and a long chat, when Simon arrived he had a shower in the house and later we all sat down to an evening meal. went down to the town with murphy for a look around and decided i would return in the morning for a good look around.
Thursday Morning
Went down to Watchet harbour and was very fortunate to see THE BLACK PRINCE Steam Engine stop at the station to pick up passengers I then filmed it pull out of the Station.
Did some shopping were I bought some stock for my shop, When I got back to the House Kathy had washed and dried 2 loads of washing for us and gave us a box of home made cakes.
Ron helped me fill up with water unhitched the electric hookup and Murphy and I were on our way.
A massive thank you to Ron & Kathy for their hospitality
Photos.
Ron & Kathy Jones of Watchet
Dunster Castle
All for now
Phil

1 comment:

  1. How kind of Ron and Kathy - kind of restores your faith in people.

    ReplyDelete