Saturday 12 June 2010

Saturday 12th June

Hi
A day with a little sadness.
Today is the 1st anniversary of my wife Ann's passing after her long fight with Ovarian Cancer, I have deliberately not mentioned the illness while I have been travelling as I wanted to concentrate on the positive side of the trip and it has been positive with Simon and I having a marvelous time.
I was thinking that maybe today everyone could spare a few minutes to say a prayer not only for those that have already passed away but for all those people who are suffering with Cancer at this moment in whatever form and wish them a speedy recovery.
Also a prayer for all the carers, family and friends who spend a lot of  time caring for those who have been struck down with this terrible illness.
I personally have decided to look ahead and enjoy whatever time I have left although the wonderful time I had with Ann will always be with me.
Thursday :
A dry day so I walked Murphy around Marsden Quarry Wildlife Park then along the sea front to the Souter Lighthouse.
I then drove to Sunderland, Hartlepool and through Middlesbrough to our campsite 1 mile before Whitby.
In the evening I took Murphy down to the beach and walked to Whitby, lovely evening and it gave Simon time to do his Meditation.
Friday :
In the morning I drove to Robin Hood Bay, stopped for a while then Scarborough, stopped for lunch  drove to Bridlington where I met Harriet (my daughter ) and her husband Dean who drove all the way from Tavistock to be with me on this weekend.
Had a great time looking around and eventually ending up at Atwich near Hornsea in a campsite on a cliff top overlooking the sea.
They pitched the tent then we all walked to the local pub for an evening meal, when we arrived back it was so calm and warm with a brilliant sunset we sat outside until bedtime.
all for now
Phil

2 comments:

  1. Glad Harriett visited this weekend.

    "Weep if you must parting is hell
    But life goes on so sing as well"

    Safe journey.

    jeanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a sad day for you. It is good to remember but I think what would hurt her the most would be if her passing was to cause you to much sadness.

    ReplyDelete