Thursday 27 May 2010

Thursday 27th May

Tuesday :
Spent the best £3 of the trip by spending 2 hours at the Wick Heritage Museum.
The staff who are volunteers were very friendly explaining a lot of the exhibits.
Room after room set out as the fishing town used to look with a full working lighthouse salvaged after the lighthouse on the headland was being changed to automatic.
Full photo history of the Herring industry plus a cooperage and even fishing boats.
Made my way to a caravan club site at Dalchalm near Brora, very long sandy beach beside a golf course, Murphy had a great time racing up and down the beach.
Wednesday :

Driving towards Inverness I caught site of the pinnacles of a castle through the trees and decided to make my way there, it turned out to be Dunrobin Castle and Gardens, a very large Castle being the home of the Duke of Sutherland.
After I looked around the amazing Castle with lovely Paintings, China, Furniture and cases of Medals, Jewellery, Badges + lots of bits and pieces which would look good in my shop I walked around the Formal Gardens and came across the Museum.
After the initial shock of seeing what seemed to be hundreds of Animal Heads on the walls, I realized that although it is not pc nowadays 100 years ago in was the okay to hunt all these animals and bring back the heads.
I have never seen so many stuffed Animals, Mammals, Birds, Insects, Fish + cases and cases of Weapons, Medals, shells, rocks etc.etc.
I think the museum was as interesting as the main Castle.
That was another 3 hours gone.
Made my way to the next campsite at Dingwall Caravan & Camping Club site.
In the evening I walked into the town with Murphy, had a good look around, walked back along the river to the campsite had supper and we watched an episode of The Royal Family before getting an early night.
Happy Birthday to my son Daniel.

Happy Birthday to my friend Howard
All for now
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment