Saturday 29 May 2010

Saturday 29th May

Thursday :
Left the campsite which is opposite the Ross County Football Ground and drove through Inverness towards Nairn where I had an appointment to have Murphy clipped and shampooed.
After dropping him off I continued on to Nairn and spent some time at the Harbour and Town centre.
Bought my first pieces of Arbroath Smokey which Simon & I had for our evening meal.
I returned to pick Murphy up and he looked a bit like a skinned Rat.
After getting to our new Campsite back at Inverness I realized just what a bad haircut Murphy had in fact Simon reckoned the lady must have used a Knife & Fork as some bits were short and some long with jagged cuts. ( makes me appreciate Kelly back at Chudleigh). luckily it will soon grow back.
We were camped beside the river Ness which I believe flows to and from Loch Ness.
Took Murphy for a long walk along the rivers edge, across bridges to 2 islands and through some woods.
Friday :
Simon is taking 3 days break as Elsie has flown up to Inverness, Drove to the Airport and picked Elsie up at about 3.30, I then drove them to their B & B in the centre of Inverness.
I continued back to the campsite, took Murphy for a walk down the river, returned and had my evening meal.
I met a couple in the Camper next to mine and joined them for a drink and chat, they had a case of Budweiser so we settled down for a few drinks with cheese & biscuits, I walked back to my camper just after midnight,(had a good nights sleep)
Saturday :
Walked half an hour into Inverness Shopping Centre had a good look around, the weather was turning wet so I walked back to the campsite and it has rained all afternoon and evening.
                                              Castle of Mey between Thurso and John O' Groats

I am now watching Lord of the Rings with Murphy on my lap.
Thank you to the owners of the Bught Caravan Park.
Thank you to Hilary & Tony atPoint of Stour.
Thanks to Marrion & Kieth at Stour Campsite.
It is 7.40 pm it is pouring down and Murphy wants to go out so all for now.
Phil

2 comments:

  1. ooo - poor Murphy!! I bet he is horrified. Glad Simon is having a break with Elsie - I am sure he needs one! Tell him big hugs from me.

    Oh and some for you and Murphy too ;o)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am glad you didn't embarrass little Murphy further by putting his photo on here.

    ReplyDelete