Thursday 20 May 2010

Thursday 20th May

                                                     Simon & Rupert on Ruperts last day.
                                                          A road on the isle of Harris.
Hi All
Tuesday :
I think I have heard more Cuckoo's in Scotland than anywhere else I have visited.
Drove up to Port Nis at the top of Lewis, spent an hour there, sat and had a pot of tea and an Omlette at the cafe overlooking the Harbour.
Made my way to the lighthouse at the Butt of Lewis, lovely warm sunny day, amazing lighthouse built of brick(will upload a photo when I get a decent connection), spent another hour walking along the clifftops.
The west side of Lewis seems to be more dramatic so I decided to drive around the whole island stopping to look around a Crofters Village which is being restored by one of the Heritage Trusts (can't remember which one) I think the village was called Blackhouse.
Saw the Callanish Standing Stones then drove back to Stornaway for the evening.
Wednesday :
Stayed at the campsite till 11.30 then made my way to the Ferry Terminal, did a shop on the way and caught the 1.50 ferry to Ullapool arriving at about 4.30, made our way to the very clean & level campsite with views of the mountains & Loch it was about 200 yards from the Harbour.
Lovely little town with good shops and Pubs and the sunset from the campsite had all the campers out taking photo's, it was still light at 10.45 when I took Murphy for a walk along the shoreline.
Thursday :
This morning I am meeting Simon somewhere near Unapool so we can decide how far he can cycle as the lighthouse he has to visit today is we think a difficult ride.
All for now as it is 11.30 and I need to get on the road
                                           This photo was taken at 10.30 pm
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment