Monday 3 May 2010

Monday 3rd May

Hi everyone
Saturday :
Walked murphy on the coast path for one more look at the fantastic view towards Belfast, I then drove to Stranraer, parked in Morrisons car park, did a shop, filled up with fuel and took a walk around the town where I had a much needed haircut.
Drove along the A77 which hugged the coast most of the way to Girvan (wonderful scenery) passing Ballantrae and Lendafoot on the way.
Got a call from Simon to say the A77 was a bit dangerous to ride on as there is very little room for cyclist so he was taking a detour inland making for Barrhill and could I get a nights stay in the Barrhill area.
I managed to get us a nights stay at Barrhill Holiday Park , Barrhill, Girvan, Ayrshire Tel. 01465 821355
Thank you to the management for their generous free nights stay.
After Simon had showered and had his evening meal we watched a movie.
Sunday :
I left Barrhill and made my first stop at Girvan giving Murphy a good walk along the coast and park.
Made my way along the coast road to Ayr, booked into Craigie Gardens Caravan Club site and waited for Simon who arrived mid afternoon giving us time to spend a couple of hours in the Town centre and walk along the Promenade.
Monday:
Gave the Camper a Spring clean as Daniel is flying up from Brighton to spend 4 days with us, (three sleeping in the Camper + Murphy).
Spent the afternoon in Ayr town centre and the long sandy beach where the whole area was bustling with holiday makers making the most of the sunshine especially as this was the last day of the holiday weekend.
Walked to the Harbour were a large Cargo Ship was being brought in by the local Pilot making docking the ship look easy, walk up the side of the river/canal and back to the campsite where I settled down to watch the Snooker.
Tomorrow I am taking the Camper on the ferry to the Isle of Arran after I pick Daniel up from Glasgow Airport.
Howard let me know if you have dropped the parcel to Colin?
All for now
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment